Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A New Chapter: About Me


Hi all,

Wishing everyone a happy lunar 2009, and may you prosper in the year of the Ox.

In the first place, I would like to thank many readers here who have shown their care and concern by sending me greeting messages and emails over the past 2 months. I am greatly encouraged by the support I am receiving from readers here, and you are all wonderful people.

So what really happened to me lately?

I was really procrastinating initially as to whether this should be posted, but I just thought, what the heck, let's all be very honest with each other.

In October 2008, the hedge fund that I was working for, got wound up, and so, in October and November, I felt a little lost and worried because of the job loss. So I started hunting around for another trading job, and probably as expected by many, this was a bad time. I realized that the financial sector, in general, is going through a challenging time.

So what's my plans?

So in November, I believe I finally calmed down and gave it some thought as to whether I should 'retire early'.. Ha ha.. Fat hope for me, I have to work for at least a couple more years before I can consider this option, and in addition, I love to work as a fund trader, or proprietary trader.

After much thought, I decided to trade from home 'again'. To be honest, if I am given a choice, I would prefer to trade in an environment where there are companions to chat with, and people who can share your market views with. Although I gained lots of knowledge on the markets between 2002 to 2004 while trading from home, those 3 years working at home shrunk my social life considerably.

Between the end of February and the start of March 2009, I will begin to focus on developing and at the same time to provide better content through 2 channels, mainly through the blog (http://www.grentone.com) and the forum (http://www.marketasiahub.com).

My primary intention for the blog is to use it as a resume for my prospective employer, and at the same time, to seek opportunities. If you like what I am doing, and sees my competence, drop me an email.

So what has been learnt throughout this ordeal?

I am very glad to have chosen trading fx and futures as my life skill, and I am not claiming anything like I am the world's richest man, but trading has really given me a lifeline to live without being paid by someone called 'your boss'. It is a form of self employment, but the road to perfect this business is not easy. It took me 7 to 8 years to be good at it (where I am like attaining break even after a year's trading), and another 8 years to be able to make a living on it.

If you are serious about trading and would like to share your views on the market, feel free to post your comments, whether you agree or do not agree with what I argue about on the markets.

Cheers :)

comments

0 Responses to "A New Chapter: About Me"

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates